Our Holiday Open House is November 14th:
Save the date, our annual Holiday Open House is Saturday November 14th from 9-6. Come and be inspired by our latest holiday displays, décor and abundant ornaments. Save 25% on holiday décor for one day only. Our first 25 customers of the day will receive a free gift. Stop by Marigold Café for a holiday-themed treat, coffee or lunch. Marigold Café will be open from 9-4.
Green Friday Sale November 27th
Save a trip to the big city and shop locally Friday, November 27th. Everyday items will be 30% off for one day only. Save time and energy and shop for holiday gifts here.
Green Friday Sale excludes holiday décor and Marigold Café items.
For more information, follow us on Facebook & Pinterest
Flowers for Thanksgiving
Add a touch of class to your holiday table with a gorgeous fresh flower centerpiece.
Early Bird Centerpiece Special: $5 off on orders placed by November 15th Call 208-354-8816 ext. 120 to order (Centerpieces start at $50)
Long-Lasting Fresh Flowers:
Fresh flowers are a welcome addition to your home or office. Our Flower Market receives shipments of fresh flowers several times a week. This ensures a steady stream of the freshest flowers possible. Our floral team inspects, cleans and conditions the new arrivals to ensure quality and longevity.
To prolong the life of your fresh flowers at home, cut an inch off the bottom of the stems at an angle using sharp, clean shears. This will help flowers ‘drink’ up water more easily. Be sure to use a clean vase as any lingering bacteria can quickly cause your flowers to decline. Place flowers in cold water mixed with a packet of floral preservative. Change the water in your vase every few days. Flowers will stay fresh longer at cool room temperature. Always keep your flowers away from any heat source.
Not all cut flowers have the same lasting power. Here are our favorites for longevity:
- Chrysanthemum (mum or pompon)
- Mini Roses
- Safari Sunset
Snow might be covering the ground by the time you read this newsletter, but there may be a few days left to squeeze in some late-season tasks:
- Sow wildflower and grass seed: Get a jump on germination next season by seeding now. Late fall is great for seeding because freezing temperatures combined with moisture improves seed germination. Remember to irrigate your newly seeded areas next year once the soil begins to dry.
- Spread granular repellent like Molemax™ over lawn areas to reduce vole damage.
- Water evergreens: Evergreens continue to transpire throughout the winter months. A deep, thorough soaking will ensure your trees have enough water stored in their roots to offset moisture loss and prevent winter damage.
- Clean out birdfeeders using warm soapy water and a stiff scrub brush. Refill regularly through the winter.
Our Favorite Things
It’s the little things sometimes that make a thoughtful hostess gift, cheer up a friend or make your own day just a little better. Here are some of our favorite ‘little things’ from the gift shop and greenhouse this month:
- Everyone loves Thymes™ Frasier Fir scented candles and room diffusers.
- Beautiful journals, calendars and planners: for those of us who still prefer paperover a smart phone.
- Suet bird feeders attract a wide variety of feathered friends with high energy suet.
- Aprons: It’s November- cook in that kitchen with style!
- Houseplants add oxygen and can remove airborne contaminants. Add some to your office for a fresh air boost.
- Sprout Kits and Seed: Grow food on your kitchen counter.
- Indoor bulbs: Paper whites, hyacinth and amaryllis bulbs are ready to plant.
Copyright © 2015 MD Nursery & Landscaping, All rights reserved.